London Underground Poster South Ruislip Station Art Deco Architecture GWR Brian Lewis. Original hand drawn architect design for a London Underground station South Ruislip tube station featuring an image of the curved station building designed by Brian Lewis (1906-1991). This design was not used as the Second World War delayed the construction. South Ruislip station opened in 1908 and was originally known as Northolt Junction, renamed to South Ruislip & Northolt junction in 1932, and received its present name in 1947. The station is served by the Central Line of the London Underground and Chiltern Railways. The current station building was designed by Brian Lewis and Frederick Francis Charles Curtis (1903-1975), and first served by Central line trains on 21 November 1948 when the Central line extension from London towards West Ruislip was completed after being delayed by World War II. The rounded booking hall was not completed until 1960. The concrete, glass and granite chip frieze in the booking hall is one of the earliest public works by glass artist, Henry Haig. By Architects Office GWR Paddington Station. Good condition, creasing, staining, pinholes. Country of issue: UK, designer: Brian Lewis, size (cm): 70x50, year of printing: 1938.