London Underground Poster Perivale Station Architecture GWR Brian Lewis Art Deco. Original hand drawn architect design for a London Underground station Perivale tube station featuring an image of the curved station building designed by Brian Lewis (1906-1991), Perivale Station is on the Central Line of the London Underground network in north-west London, the station was first opened by the Great Western Railway in 1904. The current building was designed by Lewis in 1938, but due to the delays caused by World War Two, it opened in 1947. The finished building was modified by the architect Frederick Francis Charles Curtis. A planned tower and extended wing were never built, leaving the station smaller than intended. Brian Bannatyne Lewis (20 September 1906- 23 August 1991) moved to Britain in 1928 and studied at the Liverpool School of Architecture where he won the Honan Scholarship in 1929 and the Victory scholarships in 1930 and 1931. In the early 1930s he moved to London and was employed by the Great Western Railway. In 1940 he enlisted in the Australian armed forces in London. After a period in the Middle East and Australia, he returned to Britain in October 1942 as Assistant Chief Architect to the Great Western Railway, becoming Chief Architect in 1945 on the retirement of Percy Emerson Culverhouse, He resigned in 1947. Frederick Francis Charles Curtis FRIBA (9 August 1903 � 16 June 1975) was the first chief architect for British Railways from 1948. By Architects Office GWR Paddington Station. Good condition, creasing, staining, tears, pinholes. Country of issue: UK, designer: Brian Lewis, size (cm): 69x50, year of printing: 1938.